Friday, January 30, 2009

Welcome to 2009.

January has officially blown by! I haven't posted anything this month, so here is a little recap of The Vann Household.

January 12 was Tarrell & I's 1 year anniversary. Everyone said, I can't believe its been that long already! Seems like yesterday. Maybe to them, but as we sit back and think, it has defenitely been an eventful first year. A little stressful at times, but everything seemed to work out for the best! In this first year, we finally got custody of Little Miss Hannah. This was a blessing for us, and her. Once this happened, we could no longer fit 5 of us in our 2 bedroom house. We started trying to sell our house before we could afford something else, but didn't get much interest. We decided to start looking for houses anyways, and stumbled upon a blessing in the sky for us. A spacious 3000+ sq foot house with 4 bedrooms & 2 baths. We got an exceptional deal that we couldnt' pass up! Thanks, Bill & Brenda! We are going to renting route with our other house, and that seems to be working out fine. Anwyays, after 6 months in our new big house, everyone has their own space, and life is a little less hectic. Back to our anniversary....we had thought we would just do a mini-vaca to KC for the weekend with just the two of us for some quality time. Things never go as planned....but we couldn't have asked for a better idea...Mom and I went to Pittsburg on our day off the week before our planned weekend, and while at the Buckle, came across these Affliction: Day of Reckoning Shirts. For those of you who don't know, LC Davis, Tarrell's best friend, was scheduled to fight in this huge event in California 2 weeks later. I went ahead and got a shirt for Tarrell and I both. Got em, BOGO, so that was even better. When I got home that night, and showed Tarrell the shirts, we started discussing going on the trip. I got online and looked up prices for airline tickets. I couldn't believe what I found. We could both go for $360. So we cancelled our weekend plans and started planning our trip to Cali! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO US! I knew we would have fun, but it was more fun than I ever expected. Our friends, Jared and Alesha Martin ventured with us, which made our trip even more enjoyable. I will post a separate post of the details of our trip.

No comments: